InFamous: Second Son Gets Day-One Release Patch
The latest PlayStation 4 exclusive gets a release day patch that upgrades both its in-game content and performance.
On the heels of its Friday launch, a review list for inFamous: Second Son pulled the curtain off a prompt day-one 1.01 patch – approximately 300MB in download size – that surprisingly adds an additional five hours of content, along with several standard bug fixes and minor gameplay improvements for the PlayStation 4 exclusive.
Reportedly, the bonus hours of content is meant for a side-story campaign, the ‘Paper Trail’ storyline, which developer Sucker Punch describes as an “innovative online and in-game story arc” concerning the true story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle that’s told through 19 side missions available at the start of the game.
Now where the gap between the “in-game” and the “online” portion of the ‘Paper Trail’ plot is joined, is through an alternate reality game (enjoyyourpower.com) created by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment. There, players can hope to enjoy episodic story content, beats that should flesh out backlore, which will be rolled out through the next six weeks.
VIDEO TO ADD [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFeYnIm3neU]
If that’s not enough to wet your Second Son whistle, or beanie hat if you want, the patch also throws in the Cole’s Legacy Content Pack, originally a pre-order bonus that is now free with every North American copy of the game. The pack is said to include four additional story missions (roughly one hour of gameplay) that explores the aftermath of inFamous 2.
Lastly, there’s also the full list of tweaks being incorporated into the patch, a bevy of fixes that fine tune Second Son’s difficulty curve, the performance of the game’s engine, and tons more. You can see the detailed list, right next to all of the aforementioned content, directly below:
Cole’s Legacy Content Pack
- FREE with pre-order
- Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
- Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
- 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
inFamous ‘Paper Trail’ Storyline
- FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
- Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
- Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle.
- 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
InFamous: Second Son is now out in stores for the PlayStation 4, as of March 21. From the internet grapevine I’ve heard the game is quite stellar, so perhaps you might want to check it out!